Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Letter #2 - Easy

Leiber Familie,

Hallo! Ha it has been sooo long since I last talked to you! But I love talking to you and I want you all to know I miss you and love you.

This MTC experience is nothing I could have known or prepared for. But I love it. It is not that exhausting physically, but mentally, my brain has grown some major brain muscles and not because it did its on its own. Everyday is a blur. So far, obviously my favorite day is P-day. But honestly, I love that I am learning so much (gasp) I have never felt closer to the Savior und I have never felt a deeper love for this gospel till now.

I have started the Buch Mormon again and I am already to Alma. I get so excited when I read it! It honestly feels like a story and just it is so exciting and i can not wait to get back to it after this. And I promise, this is not a joke :)

The language, is tough. But I have surprised myself of how fast Ive learned it and how strong the spirit is when you can fully testify and speak your mind in a different language. It has only been a week, but I have felt I have learned more Deutsch than you can learn in an entire semester. But don't think that I have it down. No way close. But I can see a light in the tunnel, but hey, its like 20 miles away.

Yesterday was my first tuesday night devotional. Wow, I loved it so much. Elder Richards, a former seventy, spoke and his cute wife auch. They talked about missionary work and how hard it is, but how great the blessings are from it. Elder Richards talked about Preach My Gospel and how amazing it is and said something that I had to write down. He said "Preach My Gospel was put together beyond the veil and made on to paper here" Wow. You think you should read it now? Every time I hear those words, I just feel this strong feeling. Its amazing how great PMG is. But that wasn't even the best part of the talk (I took a lot of notes, ya mom, be proud :))

So close to the end, Elder Richards talked about his mission and how when he was in the MTC like 55 years ago, they had their largest group ever.... 88 Elders and sisters combined. Ha in the MTC now, over 33,000 (idk dad Im just making up a number). But that was just like wow, its amazing how times have changed.

But here comes the kicker.

When he talked about his challenges as a missionary and how hard it was for him, he showed us a clip from a talk from Elder Holland about mission work being "easy". I have never felt this feeling before of just.... I cannot describe it. Everyone go look it up. British MTC, sometime in the 90s. It is such a powerful talk. The one quote I wrote down and will never forget, and I hung it up in my residence was "Why should we have it easy, when He never did? When you complain and ask, why cant it be easier, isn't there some other way? Well.... Someone long ago asked the same question." This has so much power and you better believe I'm a better missionary after that.

After this devotional, I met all my best Elders outside and got to say hi and some pictures. I love my best friends and its so good to see us all alive and happy and excited to serve the Lord.

Im not getting fat. This food is so heavy but I'm watching it and wow, when I work out, I work as hard as ever. I am getting a lot stronger than I used to be. ha that's my bragging moment for the day :)

I like my miterbiter (companion) a lot and he's a great guy from Salem. He's quiet and isn't used to seeing so many people in one place, (Salem), but he is good. He's sick right now, so I used some of the pharmacy in my luggage (thanks mom) to help him and I'm helping him do some stuff. He'll get better. I'm praying haha. But I never have been more clean in my life till now, so again, mom be proud.

I am so thankful you told me that dad about the two investigators being touched by my farewell talk. I prayed so hard that I would touch someones life and give them what they need to here. It makes me feel so good and excited that I can do that on a daily basis now :)

I miss that cats. A lot. I need to hear a meow somewhere. I know pathetic, but hey, they're my siblings too.

Which reminds me, haha I miss Alyssa a lot. ;) I do miss you though a lot sis. I miss your happy smiling face and just chitt chatting with you and always having a good time. Write me something dang it.

Here are some of the pictures that I took. Theres a lot :) but ha the one scary one, that's my district leader waking me up in the middle of the night. Ya we have fun :)

I love it here. But I miss the people that mean something to me. Which obviously are the people that read this :) I miss all you, you're welcome to write me, send me stuff, whatever. I'm not saying anything though. But I love all you. Love you mom and dad especially for making me the man, excuse me, the missionary I am today. You are great. Put the Lord first, and everything will work out. I wish I could type as fast as all my thoughts, but my typing stinks :) but guten nach brothers and sisters! Gott ist unser lieblingser Himmelsher Vater und Er leibt uns!




No comments:

Post a Comment