Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter #15 - Share Your Testimony

TODAY IS MY THREE MONTH MARK IN THE FIELD!! WAHOO!!!

Ah so this time here, goes by wayyyy too fast. I cannot believe I am almost done with this transfer!! I honestly can say there is no better time or place to be then here. I love it here :) And oh, Germans don't really celebrate Halloween, so that is the one downside here in Germany. But hey, Happy Halloween anyway :)

This week was a good week. Solid mission week. Last week was a big serving week, but this week was a finding week. We had a lot of time to go "klingeling" or dooring, which brought some good stories. So lemme tell ya :)

Tuesday:
Ah this day was awesome day. So later that night, we had a meeting with a great family in the ward, the Ackkermanns. They are so spiritual, and they love doing missionary work, and the parents both served, and the kids are so cute...there are just not enough words to say how great this family is. But before that, we went DVD contacting, which is walking in the city part or the Fuß of Feucht and we met this awesome Venezuelan familie that took a couple of Buch Mormons and then DVDs too! They were super nice and really interested. It was great. And then, we went to the Ackkermanns, and we read a Christmas book to their little boy. It was awesome. After we taught them, we had an Ackkermann Rat, which is where we ask them questions on missionary work and they just give us advice. Ha its awesome. I honestly loved it, and that family is super super great.

Mittwoch:
Ah, hard day. So we had a distrikt meeting, which was great, and I love our distrikt. Every time I come out of there, I'm always ready to go, and it just feels good. Then right as Elder Allen and I got back from that, we had a meeting with Georg. We said goodbye to him. He hasn't come to church for the past 3 weeks and doesn't feel the need to follow the commandments. We have talked to him about why they are important, and that they can improve his life, but until he actually does them and really believes that this gospel can help his life, we will have to wait until he is ready. It's hard, someone not accepting the gospel, especially when you see how much it can bless their life. I gave him a hug as he left. I really hope someday he joins the church. Anyway, we also played basketball today. Mario loves us and is still reading in the Buch Mormon. He is super busy currently with work, so we are still trying to meet with him, but we are struggling to set a time. But it'll come. I know he is going to find the truth :)

Donnerstag:
HALLOWEEN. Ha Elder Allen and I dressed up... we switched name tags. Wahoo. Ha and then we dropped off cream puffs with homemade choco covering (yup, I did that) on them to our neighbors and potential investigators. But then, we went with the sisters, to visit one of our neighbors that was in an old folks home. But he ended up not being there because he had something adjusted in his throat (He's ok, I don't know how to explain it, partly because they were explaining it to us Auf Deutsch, and it just sounded like he is ok. He isn't dying, so it's all good) While we were there, someone was screaming really loud, and it sounded like torture, so obviously we had to hear that since it was Halloween. :) but then we had Sport Abend, and since we had extra money this month because we are good budgeters, we bought pretzels for everyone. Sport Abend was great, as usual. It's getting super cold here though and dark at like 4:30! So hopefully we find a sport halle, that we can play and stuff in.

Fritag:
Ah this was the adventure day. We went to Georgermünd. Mouthful, I know. Oh before we went to GM (I can't say it either), we went to visit a less active member, and when we were going there, we saw on a klingle (doorbell?), it said Satan. Just Satan. So obviously, we rang it :) Ha and the guy's name really is Matthew, and he knew English. So we ended up giving a Buch Mormon to Satan. I can officially say that now haha :) But he said to come back in two weeks, and he said he would read it! and so that was really great. but back to the big GM. It's like a fairy tale place honestly. It's all misty and there's not a lot of people around and there's a church there that was built in 1301. Crazy. We went there to visit a less active member, but apparently he moved to the Czech Republic. But this place was amazing! Ha but we had really good talks with people, and one actually ended up taking a Buch Mormon! But then, for some random reason, the APs (assistants to the mission president) called us and wanted to have dinner with us. So they picked us up, and it was so late, and we hadn't ate in forever, so we went to this place in Feucht and got to spend time with the APs. Their names are Elder Bratsman and Elder Jardine. They are fantastic guys, and we did some weekly planning with them and it was great to learn from them and become closer with them.

Samstag:
This day was a big service day. We served for 6 hours straight (I think it might have been more) but we served Brother Miller, a less active member. We painted a whole wall and set up some shelves for his garage. I love helping people and especially him, because I feel like a real man, using tools and stuff to do all that. but we came home at 8 pm that night because they fed us and everything, and we got to know them really well. We heard his testimony and found out what he thinks of the Church and such. He and his wife really love this church and the missionaries. They said that when we come back to Germany, we can stay there with them :) They are the best people, and we are going to do the best we can to touch their lives and help the Spirit touch them so we can help them.

This week, Elder Allen and I hadn't had too much time to study. But I just want all of us to think about this for a moment. What does this gospel mean to you? How has it changed your life? Earlier today, I got two amazing letters, one from my sister and one my friend, and they bore their testimonies, and I am just astounded at how powerful they are, and they touched my heart! I am a missionary and even hearing someone else's testimonies makes me want to have that strong of a testimony and learn more what they have learned. So imagine, what can your testimony do for someone else? They may need what you have gone through and how you have gone through it so they can grow and become closer to our Heavenly Father. A testimony is something very simple and doesn't have to be filled with doctrine. It's just testifying of the truth, and the love of our Savior. And I know that if we pray for an opportunity to bear our testimony to someone in need, that the Lord will provide an opportunity for us. I know that by simple and small things, big things are come to pass. I know my Redeemer lives, and he will forever be there for me, and for you. And we all have a place in our Heavenly Father´s kingdom. But this life is the time to prepare to meet God. And we are preparing to be in His presence. We are here to learn Heaven and prepare to be worthy to stay there. I know this gospel is true. I love this work, and I know that by doing the simple things everyday, I am helping someone come closer to the Savior. :) Have a great week!! love you all so so much :)

Mit so viel liebe,
Elder Mayne

GOSH I LOVE MY FAMILY SOOO MUCH, AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE PACKAGES: YOU GUYS ARE SO GREAT AND I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH AND AHHH I JUST AM BLESSED WITH THE BEST GREATEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD. Thanks so much. I love you guys and thanks for your examples and love. Have a great week. !!!! :):):)









No comments:

Post a Comment