Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter #41 - The Week of Change

Well, we are switching up the weekly letter. This week, was a lot in preparation for Elder Givens leaving. But, we did a LOT of spring service for the famalie Zink. We had a ward party on Friday, where we played soccer for HOURS. I feel like I'm European now because I am holding my own against the Germans. :)

But, I just want to talk about change. How we all have a potential. That potential, is about becoming like Christ. We so often compare ourselves, to every other person out there in the world. The world is like a big competition. It's a battle to see who gets on top every time, with no logical or renowned winner. The question we need to ask ourselves is: "Why do we compare ourselves with people that are so different from us, when they all have different potentials?" The Atonement of Christ, makes us change and put off the natural man inside of us (Mosiah 3:19). Why is it that we think to ourselves "oh, I can't do that" or "that is something I can't do, I am not good enough?" It's not coming from God. It's Satan trying to ruin us, to stop us from climbing to the top of that mountain labeled: Ultimate Happiness. We can do so much. We can accomplish ANYTHING, as long as we trust in the Lord our God. Here is a quote from Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I love this quote so much. It really is true. When you are faced with a task, or something that looks impossible up ahead, think of your capability. Don't think about the past, or what you "couldn't" do before that. YOU are the only person that is holding YOU back. For myself, I need to walk-the-walk, and believe in my own words. Sometimes you feel like you can't face the challenges ahead, or that you are dealing with right now. You feel like you should just give up, and become exactly the "same." But, we have this illusion in our minds, that we can just stand still. We cannot. We either are always going forward, or we are going backward. The Plan of Happiness is for us. We should be always, continually changing. If we choose to not let ourselves change, we are going against our Heavenly Father's plan. As I came to all these thoughts, I thought to myself: "I will not let myself do this anymore. I have to change. I have given everything to the Lord up to this point, except this one weakness that I have. I am going to stop telling myself that I cannot accomplish the things the Lord thinks I can do." I have vowed to myself, to always say: "What would happen, if I did believe?"

Our Potential starts in our minds and in our hearts. We need to turn them over to the Lord. I love the Lord with all my heart. I know that if I trust in Him, and humble myself and lay my weaknesses before Him, He will turn them into strengths. This is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all. :) Please send this to people. Not because it is good. But, because maybe someone needs it. :) I think my blog is back up to date. It's "Called to Serve Him", so look it up (http://elderadammayne.blogspot.com/). Gosh I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I cannot wait to see my fam on Sunday. :) Happy Mothers Day! :) Love you all.


Elder Mayne





Service, painting and the missionary breakfast in the Zone before transfer calls. :)


Haha. It is a manikin, don't tell anyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment