Monday, August 11, 2014

Letter #55 - Making the Moments Matter

Every week is just AWESOME. No matter what goes on, there's always things that happen that make life interesting:

1-Days aren't always what you feel they are going to be.
2-Miracles and missionary work are the same thing. So are awkward moments.
3-When you love, you can't help but love everything else.
4-FOOD is a must.

This week, was a rewarding week and made me grow a lot. I realized that being a "Dad" really is so AWESOME and so tiring at the same time. I love Elder Shelley. He is such a great missionary. We get along really well, and just do work. :) This week, I had a talk in our District Meeting about doing morgen sport every morning like it says in the White handbook. I love doing morgen sport, and so I was happy to give the talk. But to make it a little more interesting, we made a little video. We were jamming out to some Lindsey Sterling, making a cake (that we brought to Distrikt Meeting) all while working out. I must say, I even impressed myself. :) I'll have to figure out some way to send it.

WE GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR! His name is Marcus. He is a super cool guy. He showed up to our awesome English class about 2 weeks ago. He is studying English at the University. But, he wants to learn to speak better English, and not just the business stuff. So we have been meeting with him 3 times a week. To help him practice his English, we make him read out of Liahonas and talk to us in English. :) We gave him a Buch Mormon and asked him to read a couple pages before we met with him later in the week. He read and understood most of it.  We only had to explain a little. Then, since we have just been surrounding him in basically the entire church, we asked him if he would like to take the lessons. He said YES! He is going on a trip this week, but next week we will meet with him. This guy is AWESOME! :)

Our English class rocks, right? Right. This week, we had a good time with our English class people. They have been coming for over 5 years. Ha, and they just like to Chat with us and practice English. Some of them have been investigating the church, some not. But, it has been awesome. We asked everyone to share an embarrassing experience and a favorite childhood Memory. It was great. :) Ha. My Story of the experience with Mr Caveman will always be a classic. :)

Our English class is really well known actually. We were in Crimmitschau, the town right next to us, trying to find a park to play in... but to no avail. We walked EVERYWHERE. So after this adventure, I didn't want to just give up. Uh uh. So, I went into a bakery to let Elder Shelley have a taste of food from a real German bakery. Plus, I was hungry. I talked to this lady and told her we were from America. Apparently, her husband used to attend our English course! We told her that he was totally welcome to come again. It was just really cool that we found someone all the way out there, who had gone to our English class before. :)

This week was just great. I just rejoice in the simple things. Being a Trainer, at the beginning, is a Little stressful. You have to do a lot. Basically, you have to take over the area, which is quite the challenge sometimes. But, I thought back to one of my favorite scriptures, Mosiah 3:19. That is the biggest battle that we are fighting here on the earth - the natural man. I know, without a DOUBT, that when we let the natural man take over our thoughts and actions, the false happiness we think we want, isn't what God wants. By putting off the natural man and becoming a Saint, like Elder Bednar said, through the Atonement of Christ, we will find true happiness. It will bring true miracles. It will let us see challenges and tests in our lives, as opportunities to grow. It will let us see the good in everyone. It will let us see, just how important it is to be humble, Christlike, charitable, and faithful. In a world that is ever spiraling downward, there needs to be those of us who keep it up. Have a great week! I LOVE YOU ALL, AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Elder Mayne




No comments:

Post a Comment