Monday, November 10, 2014

Letter #68 - Bautismo y Confirmacion

That means baptismal confirmation. :) I am learning Spanish right now through my German studies, and I absolutely forgot how hard it is to learn a language. :) But, I love it. We have a Spanish Branch here in Heidelberg, and Elder Brown and I want to show that we love them and are willing to work with them the best way we can. So, why not speak their language, eh? :)

This week was CRAZY:

Dienstag:
Drove down to Karlsruhe, and attended their Distrikt Meeting. I then stayed and went on a split with Elder Lee. Elder Lee is from Provo. He's a great kid. We had a lot of fun, met with their two investigators, and had a good time. I got to cook him some really good chicken, that he was impressed with, and had a good day just laughing, contacting, and enjoying life. :)

Mittwoch:
Elder Brown picked me up and we switched back. We then drove to Speyer, and had our actual District Meeting with our District. We had a lot of fun. I love our District Leader, Elder Von Wallwitz. He is from Brazil, and is a really awesome dude. Love the kid. After Distrikt Meeting, we planned a little for Zone Training with Sister Erickson, the Sister Training Leader. She is also from my MTC group. It was fun to all be back together again. We then raced home to visit some Spanish members and invite them to church. That was really fun, and I tried speaking Spanish. Well... at least I can roll my tongue now. :)

Donnerstag:
The Karlsruhe Elders slept over because one of them had to get his VISA here in Heidelberg. So, we had a good time being hosts. :) We then met with a couple of investigators, Ping Cho and the Dembroski familie, and they were super quick and short visits, but good none-the-less. We then went contacting, and met two really cool people that want to meet with us again. We found them in like only 30 minutes, so it was really great to see. Elder Brown and I love being bold with people. It's great. :) We then had Institut, talked about missionary work over social media #Sharinggoodness, and had a great time with the young peeps in the Stake.

Freitag:
We had our weekly planning, and then went and played soccer with a member and a bunch of his nonmember friends. We committed all of them to pray for our investigator. Silvi (I know these are a lot of names, sorry :)), the one that was going to be baptized this upcoming week, had a daughter give birth two weeks early. Her daughter had to have an operation. So, we asked them to pray for her, which was really cool. Silvi is doing alright. Sadly we didn't get to meet with her, but we kept in contact with her the entire week. We just hope everything is okay.

Samstag:
Had a street display with the sisters, handed out some cupcakes and B.o.Ms, and drew some awesome stuff with chalk on the ground. Scary thing happened though. I got a call from the Stake President in the morning. He asked me if I could speak at the Stake Leadership Meeting before the general session of Stake Conference. I was scared outta my mind. So, after the street display (which was awesome), we went to the meeting. Luckily, people took too long speaking, and we ran out of time.  So, I didn't have to give anything. It was actually just going to be about the teaching records that we as missionaries keep. So, it really wasn't that hard. But, I would be lying if I said I didn't give a sigh of relief when I knew that I wouldn't have to speak. :)

This week, we didn't reach a lot of our goals. This upcoming week though, we really want 10 people at Sacrament Meeting, and to have 6 baptismal dates. We have the faith. We are going to do everything, and anything, we possibly can. It really is so AWESOME to know, that when you have faith, the Lord can work through you. Elder Ballard, when he was here, taught us to not worry about the work. Don't even worry about it. Because the work is in HIS hands, and He does what He does. But, if we make ourselves worthy, go out on the lookout for people to serve and to tell about the Gospel, He will guide us there. I have come to know that I really am only a tool in the Lord's hands. I hope He can use me as much as possible. :)

Have a great week y'all. :) #Lovelife #hashtagsmakelifebetter #Jesuslives

Elder Mayne

Most of these pictures are out of a car...

 The sun makes everything look awesome.


 Welcome to Heidelberg :)

 Street display.

Cool eh?

The girl in the middle is Faye, the Sister's investigator,
who is like my new homie and is going to get baptized this week or next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment