Monday, November 25, 2013

Letter #18 - Thanksgiving!

Gosh, I have been out for 4 months. This is crazy. But because since it's Thanksgiving for all you people in America, (because Germans don't celebrate it because Colombus didn't meet any Indians here, and I am currently the only Indian in Germany) I want to say how grateful I am, for this amazing opportunity. It's been fantastic.

Montag: So our original plan was to go tour Nürnberg, since this was transfer week and it might have been one of our last times here. But we ended up going to the stake center and having a junk food fest with all the missionaries in our zone and playing games. It was super fun and competitive (German board games don't measure up to American), and then I went home with Elder Ludlow, who is our distrikt leader, on a split. We did a little finding and then came home. Elder ludlow is from American Fork! So it was good to have some AF blood here. :)

Dienstag: Elder Ludlow and I went finding. The entire day. Ha and man, it was sooo fun. I love meeting new people. Elder Ludlow has been out for over a year and a half. He is so real with people and we had really two amazing talks with people, and the old man in the picture and the church pictures were from people that we met that really liked us and were glad to tell us about their church. It honestly was just awesome. Even though we didn't baptize them or give them a Buch Mormon, they were happy and had a great impression of the Mormon missionaries. It was a great day, to just love and meet new people. Ah, it's the best part of the mission, to learn all about different people and their lives. K, maybe not the best part, but one of the many :)

Mittwoch: So Elder Allen and I did a lot this day, after we met back up after the split. We went and did a lot of finding again, and then did our computer time for the week, and then did some more finding after, and then went to basketball. Man, I need to find out how many miles we walk everyday. It's crazy. Ha but basketball was good. Mario finally talked to us! We used the guilt trip, saying this might be one of our last times. Ha he said he wanted to go to the next ball game with us and celebrate because we would be both staying here. On Saturday, he didn't text us back, but it was nice to see that he still cares about us. This next week, we are going to get a meeting with him ha.

Donnerstag: Haha crazy random day. So after our study, we were planning on going finding with the Sisters, but then the Ackkermann familie needed help moving couches, so we went up there. Ha and I love that familie. Then we went to our sport abend where we were going to have a movie night. But the power was out in the church, so we ended up just having a spiritual thought and two investigators showed up! One from the sisters and one that we have been trying to have in contact but hasn't been the best at that. It was great and the Spirit was strong. Ha and then we were walking to the bus stop and talking to the sisters' investigator because they wanted to hand him off to us, and we asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and he said a little girl... it was interesting... he is an interesting fellow...we will talk more about him on Fritag.

Fritag: Danger day. Ah soo scary. So today was danger day, where we get a call from President Schwartz, telling us if we are leaving or staying. And we got a call!! My comp is going to be the distrikt leader in Wiesbaden, next to Frankfurt, and in an American ward. He is going to do a great job. I love the guy, and I am excited for him. My new comp is Elder Wickktermann (can't spell his name yet... :)) and is from the Sweiß! Ha and speaks a little English. So my German is going to skyrocket. But it'll be exciting to see what happens. And Oh ya!!! So my sister's best friend, Sister Lizz Miller from our stake, that I have know since I was 10, is coming to serve in Feucht!!! Ha it'll be super fun, and I am excited for the opportunity. It'll be like a familie reunion ha. Ha we met with the Millers and did some service there too. That guy is great, love him. Then we met with Herr Widula, afterwards. He is schizophrenic and is a very interesting guy. He doesn't have very much interest in the Church, but I know that we can help him. We are going to give him a priesthood blessing the next time we meet with him. I hope he knows that the Lord loves him

Samstag: Ah man, so all I gotta say is HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Ha we went to the Grasser familie in our ward, which is one of the two American families in the ward, and gosh, I am still full. It was so nice to feel apart of their familie and just enjoy time and also remember our familie and just how great it is to have a familie to be greatful for. Elder Allen was struggling a little bit because he is really sad that he is leaving this place, after 6 months. And so I was trying to cheer him up and what not. We talked for a while and stayed up, with the lights off, till (cough cough) o'clock and just talked about mission life and the experiences we have had. I am excited for the future and for him and just everything. It'll be exciting. :)

Sonntag: Ah such a sad day. Last day for the missionaries that have been here for a while. We had three member appointments after church and each one was so emotional. Brüder Bopp made a nice three course meal for us again. The Shultz familie gave us cake, and they are super talented in musik and made Elder Allen play and made me sing with their daughter. Ha actually sounded good! But it was just sad, to see the people that Elder Allen has impacted and just leave them. That is the only thing I don't like about missionary work: making relationships with people, your comp, members, investigators, and then you have to leave them. But I know, it's all for a reason, and we all as missionaries will impact lives in different ways. After that we went to the Ackkermanns. They all love Elder Allen so much. Things are going to be different without him. But they are so very grateful for what he has done. We had one last Ackkermann Rat, where we just talked to the parents about mission and life. This is one amazing family, and I am glad that I get to spend more time with them. :) We then came home and listened to our Jonny Cash Hymns that we got from a member haha :) It was a great day. I love Elder Allen, and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve with Him. He has been a great trainer, and I have learned a lot from him.

I have had the opportunity, especially since it is Thanksgiving, to think about my family. And I just, I have realized, out here, how special and amazing a family is. I am so grateful for my family. When you are in high school and have all these things going on, you don't really see the importance of your family and how much they mean to you. You put other things ahead of them and make them the lesser priority. Take a step back and look, look at your family and how much they love you and how grateful you are for them. They love you. And our Heavenly Father gave you them, so you could be loved, and you could love them back. Take this week, and don't be distracted by the worldly things. Take in that love from your family. Enjoy the time with your family. You never may know how much longer you have. I am deeply sorry, for not always putting my family first and putting people or other things first. I know that when we serve our families, and show them that we love and appreciate them, I can promise you will be so happy. I love my family. I love my friend family ha. I love this missionary family. And I am grateful for this one big happy family haha because we are all brothers and sisters. Ha we are the world, we are the children. Hahaha give me some Michael Jackson :) ha ok I gotta go! Love you all!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love,
Elder Mayne

I LOVE MY FAMILY!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! ha stay cooo and chill and have a great Thanksgiving. Love you all and all that you do for me. I am so excited for the packages :))))) love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment