Monday, December 9, 2013

Letter #20 - The Lord Knows Us

So, this week, honestly, nothing happened. We had no investigator appointments, had 2 member lessons, and we had some struggles in the companionship. This week was harder than ever. But, I realized that, this mission, is to test me. If I didn't grow on the mission, that means I didn't try and I didn't do anything. A mission makes you grow. You understand your purpose on this earth more fully. That is, to make the Kingdom of God grow. I have learned so much, of how our Heavenly Father loves each one of us individually. He has a purpose, a plan, and we may not know, or we forget about it so many times.

Take the Book of Mormon for instance. The people prosper and really grow, because of all the Lord has provided them. Then, they get prideful and think that it is because of themselves that they are so blessed. And then they fall into a state of pride-fulness and then, forget their Lord their God. When they are in these times of trouble, they remember their Father and pray for help and guidance. Lets not do that okay? We don't need all that hurt, heartache and sorrow, that comes from not remember that we are as the dust of the Earth, and we need to rely on the Lord at all times and in all things. Our purpose on this earth, is to grow. We need to change, to grow, so that we will want to be worthy and stay in God´s presence. If you are going through hard times, hard challenges, or a big decision in life and you do not know where to turn, turn to the Lord. He is there. He will always be there for you and turn you in the right direction. This gospel, is a gospel of change, and it is always for the better. Always trust in Him and have faith, that he will lead you in the right direction. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity to share it. I have felt, insurmountable joy, from this gospel and what it has brought to my family and to my life.

If we are feeling lonely, and we feel like there is no one there to talk to, think about the people who don't even know that God is there and that he is there to help. Go share the gospel with someone. Why is it so easy, to talk about sports, the weather, news, and whatever, but so awkward and not cool or allowable to share the gospel? Because Satan knows, Satan knows what truth is. And it's in this gospel. If we decide to not share the gospel, we are allowing Satan to stop us from changing our life and feeling ultimate happiness, and also from changing others lives and reaching, ultimate happiness. I can promise you that if you humble yourself, and go out everyday, no matter how busy or how hard your life is, and share the gospel, you will see the Lord provide you with talents and abilities you never knew you had.  He will give you strength and courage.  He will trust you, in helping others come closer to Him. This is my prayer, that we help someone or multiple people, to come unto Christ. I know He is there. I know he is my Erlöser (Redeemer). I know that he made the difference, so that we could stand blameless in front of God at the last day, through our faithfulness and obedience. Of this I testify and of this, I express my deep love for all of you that have impacted my life, in big or small ways. Thank you for your example and support. I love you all, and I say that in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!! :) :)

Elder Mayne

I LOVE MY FAMILY. I know this is a trying time and a big change in your lives.  But, here is one more piece of advice. Every calling in the ward, is an opportunity to do missionary work. Think about how you can. :) I love you all and thank you for your support. I am here always to listen to you and give support.  I'm just an email away. Sorry again for preachiness. :) Love you family.

No comments:

Post a Comment