Monday, December 30, 2013

Letter #23 - MERRRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS UND HAPPY NEW JAHRE!!!!!!!!!!

Love this time of year, anywhere in the world, and with anyone. This is the time of year where we appreciate life more, and look at the little things.  We take a step back and just look at how blessed we are and what we want to become. Ah AND I SAW MY FAMILY! But we´ll get to that. :)

Montag (Monday): HA, this was an interesting P-day. So i felt like i needed to buy myself a gift for Christmas, obviously, so we went to C&A and bought a tie. Then we had no clue what to do in Nürnberg and we had a lot of time to kill... So, we sat on a bench and watched the hustle and bustle of the Christmas rush and it was just relaxing and then we went to Christkind Markt and got to be in the midst of all the tourists and what not. :) So, not super exciting, but hey, Merry Christmas. :)

Dienstag (Tuesday): Merry German Christmas! Ha, it's nice that the Germans celebrate Christmas for 3 days, so that you get to relax (not as missionaries :)) and Christmas doesn't suddenly end. :) But anyway, we had a white elephant party with our distrikt and the Nürnberg distrikt and it was so fun. Got a funky E.T. stuffed thing. Don't ask, ha. But then right after, we went to the Familie Biller and we got to spend Christmas with them. Ah, I love this family. It was fun to see the kids open their presents and to feel the family love (and the food was dang good too). But, the whole family was there, including the older Schwester Biller, who is 93 and I could talk to her for hours. She is awesome. :) It was a great time to just feel the Christmas spirit, and be a part of someone's family for a day, when our families are so far away.

Mittwoch (Wednesday): I GOTTA SEE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha there really isn't anything to say here. Unless you want me to talk about how great my family is, and how much I love them. They are truly amazing, and I am so blessed! We Skyped at the Fahls, and the sisters did too. So, we had 5 Skyping missionaries. Ha, because the Fahls have a missionary in the Alpine mission as well. It's just amazing, that this may be my favorite Christmas. Even though I was so far away from my family, I felt their love and shared my love for them better than ever before. That was the focus, on just how much we love each other. So it was just amazing. Christmas is very special as a missionary. :)

Donnerstag (Thursday): The last Christmas day. :) We went to the Familie Grasser, an American family, and had dinner with them. HA, I JUST LOVE FAMILIES! It's so great to see everyone's family and each of them happy. I can't explain my love for people and parents and kids and just... I love this plan that we have, and just how happy it makes me. Families are truly a blessing, and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with mine. When you get older (not saying I'm old, but when you live longer or have a chance to look at the world :)), you see that the things that really matter, are your relationships with people, with Christ and Heavenly Father, and your relationship with yourself. If you put those at the center of your life, everything else will fall into place. :) I can promise that.

Fritag (Friday): Oh, a good day with the greatest family in the world, the Ackermanns. We helped make their garden in their backyard. It was just fun to be with the kids. This week, as you can tell, is allllll about families. They are just the most important thing in this world, and we need to treat and value them like that. It really is so amazing to see that when families are close and care about each other, it's because they are centered on Christ and really love each other. I LOVE FAMILIES (sorry its just been a family week. :))

Samstag (Saturday): Nothing too big today. But, we had interviews with President Schwartz, and that was great. I love that man. Smells like my Grandpa. But, I just know that he is an amazing man and every time I talk to him, I feel his love for me and I come out of that wanting to be a better missionary. Then after, we met with Mario and played basketball! That was super fun, naturally. Ha, but this time there was only profi players and I am... not in good basketball shape. But, it was fun and I held my own. Love this game and I am glad that I am able to use this talent to help people. :)

This week, my advice for you, is 3 things: 1-Recognize your personal worth, 2-Become who you are, 3-Trust in the Lord's promises. The reason I say these things, is so many of us question our personal worth, why we are given a weakness, or ask ourselves "why do all these things happen to me?" But really, it's because we don't understand that the Lord knows us PERFECTLY. His ways, are not our ways. He has something in store for each of us, and we just don't know what that is. Life is like a suspenseful book, and the plot doesn't seem to make sense. We can't skip all the way to the end and find out what is going to happen. But, that's why we TRUST in Him. We will never be able to control our circumstances, or what lies ahead of us. But, we have control over how we react. We are the architects of our own happiness. This is the talk that I read this week, and its by some Area Seventy that is French (actually, Gerald J. Causse - 1st Conselor in Presiding Bishopric). Ha, but it was an amazing talk. "Where ever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten [EVER]. No matter how dark your days me seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you.  In fact, He loves you with an infinite love." -President Uchtdorf. I recommend reading this talk and take a look at yourself. As this new year approaches, think of what you want to become. And then ask your Father in Heaven, who he wants you to become. Then ask for His help and guidance. "The Future, is always as bright as your Faith" -President Monson. I take this statement to heart. In this talk, he quotes Lion King, when Simba sees his father. "You have forgotten yourself and so, you have forgotten me." The more we understand ourselves, the more we will understand God. The more we understand God, the more we understand ourselves. We cannot understand God if we do not understand ourselves. I know this is a bunch of random thoughts, but our self-worth, for so many of us, is based on man. Man loves selfishly, not perfectly, and conditionally. God Loves us selflessly, perfectly, and unconditionally. I know that He knows us PERFECTLY. Trust in Him. And like it says in lion king, "Remember who you are." I love Him and I can promise, when we trust in His plan and try to focus on his Love, and base our self-worth on that, we will feel his love more than ever. Of this I testify in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love Elder Mayne

LOVE YOU FAMILY. Long time, eh? :) have a great week and keep being awesome. Happy new Year. :) Tchaoyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment