Monday, January 13, 2014

Letter #25 - The Week of Adventure (Sounds dramatic, right?)

SO this week, loved it. Lots of things happened and I just learned really, that the Lord works in ways we cannot imagine. He is there. But this week, was really successful and wow, I am so blessed :) but zu begin,

Montag:
NO P-DAY. So today was a holiday in Germany, where they celebrate the 3 wise men (catholic holiday) so no shops were open.  We just moved our p-day to Tuesday. But gosh, this day was the best non p-day EVER. We met with 2 former investigators, one is named Jackson, who is from New York, that has a family and he is a very prepared man.  He stopped us on the street on Sunday and told us to come by anytime we want!  So we did and we talked about families which was great. We then had another lesson with Jesse, the one that we have missed talking to and had difficulty getting a hold of.  It was great to talk to him and I really can see something coming from it :) so good day

Dienstag:
HA!  This P-day sucked. We did nothing ha. After emails, we went to the stake center because everyone said that they would be there. So we ended up sitting there for an hour, doing nothing, waiting for everyone. But then after P-day, I went on a split with Elder Ludlow and we had a lot of fun. We found 3 new investigators and got to teach a lesson with a guy from Louisiana :).  It was awesome and wow, I have never been in a bigger, nicer apartment, like, wow. The Feucht apartment compared to this one.... I really enjoyed my stay believe me :)

Mittwoch:
Still in Nürnberg, and wow, we had another awesome day. I just realized this day, that I am a missionary, yes. But I am still Adam Mayne too!  I have these talents and this personality that I have got to USE!
So Elder Ludlow and I had another great day, found 2 additional investigators and it was great. We then split back and went straight to basketball. Basketball was awesome. I had the thought to go talk to this guy that plays, because we saw him in Nürnberg earlier that day, and we had an AMAZING talk. He doesn’t look like the religious type, but we talked about the spirit world, the Book of Mormon and it was just an awesome talk. He is a super cool guy and it’s great to see that really, the Lord put me here for the reason. We are going to get his number on Wednesday and make an appointment :) so blessed.

Donnerstag:
So nothing too special here, until we went to Katholinas. She is awesome and even though Chris, our investigator wasn’t there, we got to have an amazing lesson about the Enabling power of the Atonement and the spirit was so strong.  I felt like you could have cut it with a knife. She is an amazing daughter of God and her willingness to follow Christ’s example and just have a strong faith in this gospel, is a great example to me.

Fritag:
Weekly Planning. Ha! Ha! Yup. That’s the tag.

Samstag:
SO COOL. So we set out this appointment for this guy in Altdorf, that the Zone leaders referred us to. Wow, he is awesome. His name is Sasan, is from Iran trying to learn Deutsche here because he wanted to follow his faith in Christ and have religious freedom. And he wants to be baptized! But there is a problem. So he speaks like, kein deutsch.   So we taught the entire lesson, through Google Translate into Persian from English. Gosh that’s so hard. But we felt the spirit and he prayed auf Persian and it was AMAZING! So we are praying for him and even though he didn't come to church on Sunday because he slept in, :), I know the Lord sent Him here to us. OH! And another cool thing, ha he has a sister that came with him, and her name is Dana. And the sisters were already teaching her 2 weeks before. HOW COOL RIGHT???? Ha I love the work.

I love this work. I can testify that we, we need to serve people. By serving people, you WILL get an answer to your prayers and you will feel Him testify of His love to you. This world, is crazy and it’s hard to live in sometimes because we feel like there is no hope. But there is hope. Its right where you stand, if you are standing on the Rock of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ (Helaman 5:12). HE is always there. HE is our help and that light we need in our lives. But ask yourself, are you giving Him EQUAL time? Are you focusing more on your relationship with Him, rather than the chaos in the world around you? I can promise, if we put HIM first, by serving his children, and becoming more like Him, strengthening our testimony of Him and doing the little things, everything else will fall into place. My commitment this week, is to look up this poem, it’s by Johnny Jay Jr. ( I think) and it’s called: The Oak tree. I have talked to some specific people this week about struggles they are having, and I especially want them to read this. I love this WORK. I really am SO HAPPY!!! That’s why I keep capitalizing things ha. I just love this work and I am the happiest I have ever been, no matter what has happened. Because this is why I am called to on this earth. To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I love this gospel and I testify of these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Love, your servant,

Elder Mayne


LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah this week was great. I really, am surprised at how much I have grown and how much I have been able to help people. This week is going to be hard but good, we are trying to get 10 new investigators. We´ll see how it goes :) ha love you!!! Send this to EVERYONE. Ha and I mean errone :)





No comments:

Post a Comment