Monday, October 13, 2014

Letter #64 - Krankheit [sickness] isn't the end :)

Well, this week wasn't a week of awesomeness. It wasn't a week where amazing things happened. I had a wonderful opportunity to be sick, and just keep going strong. Then, I was forced by the members, on Sunday, to take a nice hot shower, sweat a lot, drink tea, and then nap. So...

I learned why I have this sickness. On Thursday night, I wasn't able to go to bed. I had so much phlegm that I had to sit by the tub and just spit... alllll night long. I know, gross. But, I was able to read a lot of the Book of Mormon that night, and I just felt by the spirit, very strongly, that this is the word of God. We ended up doing a split with the Gera Elders the next morning. I was hoping that we would be able to get a doctor's appointment, and I would get healed. Well, we ended up working in a garden for a member, which was great, for the entire day. We weren't able to accomplish everything else we had planned.

On Friday night, we had a member appointment in Gera with one of my favorite members, Schwester Dörtliz (I've talked about her before). We have a really good connection, and its always great to be there. Elder Wright (the one I was on the split with) gave the spiritual thought, closed it, and testified. But, I felt like I needed to say something. I got personal and told her about some of the challenges that we as missionaries go through. I talked about some of my personal challenges, and how Christ helps us all have hope. Well, after that, she totally opened up to us. She told us how she has been struggling lately, and has been having a really hard time. It was so amazing that she trusted us so much. You could see in her eyes the sincerity of how much she loved and appreciated us. She ended up asking us for a blessing, and I had the opportunity to give it. I was soooo scared because it was my first ever blessing in German. But it went fantastic, and I can't even remember what I had the chance to say. But, I felt the Love that God had for this amazing woman. I know that He is so mindful of us, and loves each and everyone of us.  It doesn't matter about our choices, or where we are on the path of righteousness. He still loves us.

I testify that Christ lives. That He was foreordained before the World was, to lay down His life, to heal the sick, to raise the dead, and to be that advocate to the Father that allows us to return to Him again. I believe in the Power of the Priesthood. It is the same power that He had. I know, that I am a Son of God. My wonderful friends and family, be YOU. Go out there everyday and see that everything has a purpose, and a right to be there. You have the opportunity to CHOOSE. Choose to be who your Heavenly Father wants you to be. This is my prayer. :)

Please also, wonderful readers (family, and friends that are considered family, and anyone who humbly comes across this :)) please pray for my dad. :) That is all I ask. :)

LOVE YOU. LOVE LIFE. LOVE THE GOSPEL.

Much love, :)
Elder Mayne



This selfie of the helmet is for Alyssa. :)
I wear that helmet wit pride sista!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment