Monday, December 29, 2014

Letter #75 - Prioritized to the LORD

Family, friends, business colleagues, and wonderful readers (assuming there is more than included in this very small circle) this letter will be short (cheers), but sweet. And meaningful. I LOVED seeing my family this week. They are as cute as ever. Despite the fact that they had stomach flu and some bad Chinese food, I can say that I missed them a whole lot. I came out of that Skype session feeling fit, great, and just so happy to be able to have such wonderful people in my life.

The other highlight of the week was that we got to meet with Tony, our boy, and we had a GREAT lesson. We watched the Restoration and went through the baptismal questions. He will interviewed this week, and will be baptized on SAMSTAG [Saturday]!!!! How crazy eh??? Super super cool though. We are hoping to get a lot of our investigators there as well, so they can see this amazing fella follow his faith. After every lesson, Elder Brown and I just marvel at the fact of how prepared this man is. The Lord blesses, loves, and always has a time for everything.

My little thought today, would be on just the things of life, the priorities. The year is already over!! I can't believe how fast it went. But, I know that I am going to seriously take this time, to do some reevaluating. I need to change. I want to change. I have the desire. I want to become who the Lord wants me to become. I know that the only way I can become something, is to first put the Lord FIRST. Second, put the Family right next to it, to Him I should say. Third, your work, or what you have to do to sustain your realm of life. Finally fourth, serving your fellow men.

As I thought about these priorities, and after talking with my great comp Elder Brown, we thought about a fifth one. The next priority determines, or shows, really what kind of person you really are. The funny thing was, this was all spoken of in church on Sunday. I wanted the Lord to know that I wanted to make goals. Make yearly, wonderful goals, for my mission, for my life, and for who I want to become. I came up with this formula, that we used in our Distrikt Meeting and is similar to Alma 32:

Desire----Change----Internalize----Spirit----Confidence----Happiness

This time of year, I am more excited than EVER. Because I have so much time, and opportunity, to change. I have the ability to become something. I am going to be the best I can be. I am going to break records. I'm going to serve every day. I will know that the Lord sees my efforts of wanting to become something. I know that only through Him, can I reach my Godlike potential.

I want to invite all of you to set some awesome, great goals. I know how amazing it is, to be a child of God. We are all His children, with all the same potential, to become like Him. So as we use this formula and set our priorities straight, we will accomplish what our Father in Heaven has in store for us. Set goals that will make you stretch. Go to the Lord with this game plan, and let Him know that you need His help. :) I love the Lord, and I know, I can climb big mountains. Have a great week. Spend some extra time with the family this week. :) Love you all!

Elder Mayne


Really random photos...
 Dinner with the Herrs

Their little boy, Ole, wearing my glasses. :)

 Elder Brown´s gift to me.
I can put incense in the bottom, and smoke comes out the top. :)
It's sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment