Monday, March 9, 2015

Letter #85 - The week of humility to absolute strength.

Being humbled by the Lord isn't a thing that I desire, most of the time, until after it's done. :) Because in the moment, its definitely not the easiest. This week was absolutely wonderful though. Every single day is one to put another piece into the foundation of my testimony. This week, I felt like a golden. Absolute, 100%. Spanish. Spanish. Spanish.

We had about 4 out of 7 days, of entirely Spanish meetings. I had no idea what was going on. One of them was with an investigator and I just sat there thinking... Ok... what can I do? Ha as hard as I focused, nothing was coming. So, I just prayed my tiny little heart out thinking "If I can't speak to them, why not speak to God?" And so I just prayed for Elder VW and teaching the investigator. It went really well actually, and it was good. :) I absolutely love the Spanish language because it's so smooth, and romantic. But the more and more I listen, the more and more I pick up. I am making so many flash cards, and maybe have a written a prayer down in Spanish on one of them. BUT, I'm making progress. :)

This week, we also met with Prakash and with Gianluca, a member. It was a fantastic lesson. The Spirit was so strong. We read Ether 12, and talked about faith and the miracles that follow when we have faith. We watch the new Bible video of Christ calming the sea and wow... This lesson just sparked something in me. First off, Gianluca is one person I will never forget throughout my life. He is the nicest guy in the world, and cares about everyone. But his spiritual level is what makes him stand out. I came out of that lesson wanting to be more like him. :) I have so much left to learn on my mission, and I just can't believe how fast it is all going.

The other thing I would briefly like to talk about (not too much time left) is this Sunday. We went with a member to visit his friend in the hospital that had a stroke a month ago. He was found two days after it happened. It was one of the most humbling moments of my life. He couldn't move the right side of his body. He couldn't talk. The only thing he could do was put the blanket on top of himself, and smile. As I sat with him... It haunted me at first, to think of all the people that must feel this way. But that man's smile as we came in, talked with him, and as I prayed for him... It made all the difference. I testified to him that Christ knows exactly what he is feeling, and suffered that pain for him. I promised him that he wouldn't feel alone. Elder VW and I left there, and just felt humbled. We felt like we take things so much for granted. The daily struggles we deal with, zum beispiel [for example] not being able to speak Spanish, sure are hard in our eyes, but the Lord knows! He knows and never leaves His children behind, never forgets. That's what I want to testify of today, that I know that through our faith and diligence, the Lord will always be with us as we search for Him.

Quick shout out to my boi Elder VW for giving a talk in Spanish this week. :) It was sick. And I gave one in the German Ward. :) Sundays are crazy for us. :) I got to go on a split with my Australian golden, Elder Butler! :) And....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD ON FRIDAY!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Much Lovo, and I wish you all the best week. :)

Elder Mayne
Pics: self explanatory. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment