Monday, March 23, 2015

Letter #87 - Meet the Mission

Alright so for starters, I want to apologize to all those that emailed me this week and did not receive an answer.... Today has been a craaaazy day. We went to Karlsruhe, and played soccer. I also had my first experience shopping at Primark.  It is a super cheap place, a.k.a. missionary central.  I'm now on a split with my boy, Elder Nelson from my group at the MTC.  It is so good to be with the homie. He is such a good missionary, and I've loved this kid from the first day at the MTC.  So, shout out to him. :)

This week was a building week. A week of reflection, and gratitude. A highlight of this week was going to good ol' Zone Conference, and watching "Meet the Mormons" again. I love being around all the missionaries. I had a good time with my homies, and with my son, Elder Shelley. It was great. The Conference was centered on the new initiative by the church, coming out this week, with the video "Because He Lives." I love that video so much. During Conference, I really got to reflect on the "why" of Jesus Christ. What He means for me personally. I realized that this Easter, is going to be my last one in the mission field. I just want to make sure that I make it special. If I've realized anything on a mission, it's that Christ is the center of everything that I do. When I don't look towards Him, I fall.

That's what I want to talk about a little today. During the week I just kind of had a break down. I had been hard on myself, and just wanted to know what I could do better to serve my God. It felt like I was doing good, but not good enough. I constantly kept asking myself, "What can I do?" Then, I realized that a big "thing" about me, is that I doubt my abilities. I look too much to others for their opinions of who I am, who I should be, and what I am good at. So, I went out on the balcony of our apartment and I jumped rope until my feet burned and my calves ached. I just wanted that little weakness out of me. I was talking to God saying, "Why am I like this? Why do I look so much to others? Please, can you change this in me?" I thought the harder and harder I worked, it would just magically go away. But it didn't. I sat out on the tree for the rest of the night thinking and talking with Him. Then in the morning for personal study, I decided to read the recent edition of the Liahona.  I found that right in there, it talked specifically to me. It talked about the difference between sin and weakness. The biggest difference, is that God gives me weaknesses, to show me that I'm imperfect, that I'm always learning, and that through His grace, I can be made strong. I know that that was an answer to my heart felt prayer. I work on it constantly and try my best. I am so incredibly thankful for weaknesses, so that I can grow.

Preachy week. Sorry people. :)

On to the other highlights... we have a new investigator, Ali, who is SO AMAZING, and prepared for the gospel. He came this week to church and wants to bring 4 friends. So, hopefully that works out. :) We also met with Andreas, who I hold as one of my best buds on the mission. He and is a wonderful tüp [?] who is a great example to me. AH, if I could lay down to you ALL the miracles happening right now, I would. But, I don't even have enough time for just a small fraction of the miracles. :) What I can say, we love testifying. I know going out with faith, is the right thing to do. Some missionaries lose motivation, and the best way to get over that is to just go out with absolute faith. And well, when the Lord calls me to stand on park benches and preach, I will. :) Because, I know this work is true.

One last thought: I know Christ lives!

LOVE YOU ALL!!! These are some good ol' pics from the week. :)

Mucho Lovo, Elder Mayne

P.S. Familie... How is family home evening, and scripture reading together going?





No comments:

Post a Comment